Monday, November 7, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Today we were invited to eat at our friend's (the Yamamoto's) house for dinner.  Their parents are visiting from Hawaii and it's always nice to hang out with Faye and Howard!!!  So I was making dinner and thought it would be kind of fun to do a video and then blog about it.  So this is what was for dinner tonight and how I made it!  Okay some things you need to know.  "Jimbo" is a place that Matt and I love to eat at in Hawaii on King Street.  It serves lots of different types of udon (Japanese fat rice noodles) and they usually have several sauces on them.  It is great and this is my version of it!  Another note, I didn't fry the noodles because I don't have a huge wok!  so I just tossed the noodles.  I hope you enjoy.  It was fun and Keala helped to do the videos.  Thanks Keala!!!


 Meat-Jun Udon!


It was absolutely fabulous.  So was the rest of the dinner.  Ma Faye made edamame rice, sake chicken, potato salad, tapioca pudding, and bread pudding with Hawaiian sweet bread.  It was Amazing!  And then there was Pepsi and Kauai Coffee!!!  My scale says I've gained 5 pounds!

Good food and good friends ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment